CONSTIPATION-NO MORE AN ISSUE
CONSTIPATION-NO MORE AN ISSUE
Do you regularly suffer from serious constipation issues? If yes, then this article will help you to get rid of your constipation issue.
In this fast-moving world, we all are too busy in our lives, so we have forgotten all the healthful practices. Thereby, each of us is facing several serious health issues, and constipation is one of them. It doesn't show prompt symptoms. Although, if remain untreated for a long period can lead to severe other diseases.
Now, before moving toward its treatment, first, let's discuss this disease, its causes, and preventions.
WHAT IS CONSTIPATION?
Constipation is a state when an individual has an infrequent bowel movement and a problem in passing stool. You may be considered constipated when the passage of stool is fewer than three times a week.
However, a normal bowel movement is varied widely from person to person. Some individuals have a bowel movement several times a day, and others have it once or twice a week.
CAN IRREGULAR BOWEL MOVEMENTS CAUSE TOXINS TO BUILD UP IN THE BODY AND MAKE ME ILL?
Relax! It is just a myth. Of course, the feces is made up of body waste and is meant to be excreted out of the body. But the colon is pretty good at holding it. Even when you are constipated, its residence can make you uncomfortable but doesn't sicken you due to the prolonged presence of toxins.
However, there is a slighter risk of bacterial infection if waste gets into the existing bruise of the colon or rectum.
ARE YOU AWARE OF THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CONSTIPATION?
The major signs of constipation are:
- Pooping fewer than three times a week.
- Passing hard, lumpy, and dry stool.
- You feel pain and difficulty passing stool.
- Straining when to discharge the waste.
- Pain and cramps occur in the abdomen.
- Loss of appetite
- And bloating.
ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE CAUSES?
The main reason for constipation is dryness.
- Normally, the food moves in a body at a very normal rate, and the intestine absorbs water and excretes the stool.
- In constipation, the food movement is slower than normal, which causes the absorption of excess water. And resulted in the dry stool.
WHAT CAUSES THE FOOD TO MOVE SLOWLY THROUGH THE BODY?
The most common causes of constipation are.
- Low intake of dietary fibers
- Consuming a large amount of milk and cheese
- Physical inactivity
- Avoiding nature's call.
HOW CAN A CHANGE IN ROUTINE HELP YOU TO GET RID OF CONSTIPATION?
Small changes in your daily routine can help you to improve constipation. The two main causes of constipation are a poor diet and lack of exercise. So, try to add some physical activity along with high-fiber food to your regular life.
Instead of making big lifestyle changes, try to add the following healthy activities to your schedule until you develop a good and healthy routine.
- Have your meal at the same time every day.
- Prefer eating bran cereal for breakfast.
- After eating breakfast, do some light exercise like walking.
- Park your vehicle at the end of the parking lot, so you have to walk to reach inside the office.
- During the lunch break, take a walk for 20 minutes.
- Keep with you a piece of fruit to take as a snack.
- Get enough sleep
- Eat high-fiber food.
- Keep a bottle of water with you every time and stay hydrated.
- Try to exercise regularly.
FOOD THAT CONTAINS HIGH FIBERS
Almost all plants food, including vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains, have fibers.
● 1/2 cup navy beans: 9.5 grams
● One medium sweet potato: 4.8 grams
● One small pear: 4.4 grams
● One medium apple: 3.3 grams
● 1/4 cup dates: 3.6 grams
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics study suggests a woman requires 25 grams per day of high fiber. At the same time, a man requires up to 38 grams per day.
After age 50, our body requires fewer fibers, about 21 grams for women and 30 grams for men.
HOME REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION
- Castor oil: A natural laxative, one to two tablespoons full on an empty stomach, can stimulate bowel movement and lubricate the intestine.
- Lemon juice:As a natural anti-oxidant and digestive aid. It is used to improve bowel stimulation.
- Aloe Vera: Besides the external use of aloe vera, its intake can help alleviate constipation and IBS.
- Coconut water:Coconut water contains magnesium, which aids the muscles of the intestinal wall to excrete out the feces.
HOW CAN YOU TREAT CONSTIPATION?
Several Over-The-Counter laxatives and prescribed medicines can also treat your constipation along with routine modification and increase fiber intake.
- OTC LAXATIVES
Laxatives of different types and functions are available. Each type improves bowel movement through different processes. However, the following are the Over-the-counter drugs. But please consult your physician or pharmacist before taking them.
- Fiber supplements: Fiber supplements include Methylcellulose, calcium polycarbophil, and psyllium. These supplements add bulk to the stool, making it softer and easier to excrete out of the body.
- Stimulants: Stimulants that can increase the contraction of the intestine include bisacodyl and sennosides.
- Stoolsoftener: Docusate calcium and docusate sodium moisten the feces by withdrawing water from the intestine.
- Lubricants:Mineral oil is a lubricant that improves the movement of stool through the colon.
- Osmotic: It increases the secretion of fluid from the intestine that improves bowel movement and passage of stool through the colon.
Osmotic laxatives include lactulose, polyethylene glycol, and magnesium citrate.
Laxatives are used when lifestyle modification and diet have failed to be effective.
IS BIOFEEDBACK HELPS TO TREAT CONSTIPATION?
Sometimes constipation occurs due to the malfunctioning of pelvic muscles. Therefore, a physical therapist helps you to exercise your muscles. By inserting, a small tube into the rectum can restrain them. Thereby, they can do their work. This training of muscle is called biofeedback.
CAN CONSTIPATION LEAD TO INTERNAL DAMAGE OR OTHER HEALTH ISSUES?
You will experience some complications if you couldn't have a soft and frequent bowel movement. Few of them are.
- The passage of hard and dry stool can tear off the anus lining and cause anal fissures. This fissure can also cause pain and bleeding.
- It can also lead to swollen and enlarged veins of the rectum. This condition is known as hemorrhoids or piles.
- When too much body waste is collected in the rectum or anus, the condition is named fecal impaction.
- Plus, straining can also lead to rectal prolapse.
After going through this blog, you probably would have realized the significance of small bodily problems. End of the day, no matter what its all about to take care of oneself in every way.