AMCLAV 156.25MG/5ML SUSP
AMCLAV 156.25mg/5ml SYRUP:
Amclav 156.25mg/5ml syrup is an oral antibacterial agent that is a combination of semi-synthetic antibiotic, amoxicillin and beta-lactamase inhibitor, clavulanate potassium. Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is bactericidal and is used against wide range of bacterial infections.
Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is indicated for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as:
- Upper respiratory tract infections i.e. tonsillitis.
- Lower respiratory tract infections i.e. chronic bronchitis.
- Genito-urinary tract infections i.e. urethritis, female genital infections, cystitis.
- Skin and soft tissues infections i.e. boils, wound infections, and cellulitis.
- Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is also indicated in the prophylaxis against infections associated with different surgical procedures.
Amclav 156.25mg/5ml may cause common side effects such as diarrhea, muco-cutaneous candidiasis, nausea, and vomiting. Nausea is most commonly associated with higher doses of Amclav 156.25mg/5ml syrup. If GI reactions are present, Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is tablet is taken at the start of the meal.
- When administering Amclav 1mg, previous allergic history to penicillin’s, cephalosporins, or other allergens should be taken.
- Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is avoided if infectious mononucleosis is suspected after the occurrence of morbilliform rash has been associated with the condition following the use of amoxicillin.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Amclav 156.25mg/5ml is contraindicated in patients with a:
- History of hypersensitivity to beta-lactams, e.g., penicillin’s and cephalosporins.
- Previous history of amoxicillin-clavulanate-associated jaundice/hepatic dysfunction.
Concomitant use of probenecid is not recommended. Probenecid decreases the renal tubular secretion of amoxicillin. Concomitant use with Amclav 156.25mg/5ml may result in increased and prolonged blood levels of amoxicillin, but not of clavulanic acid.
-Concomitant use of allopurinol during treatment with amoxicillin can increase the likelihood of allergic skin reactions.
In common with other antibiotics, Amclav 156.25mg/5ml may affect the gut flora, leading to lower estrogen reabsorption and reduced efficacy of combined oral contraceptives.
In children, Amclav 156.25mg/5ml syrup is taken three times daily for severe infections.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.