AMCLAV 625MG TAB
- Medicine Overview
AMCLAV 625mg TABLET:
Amclav 625mg tablet is an oral antibacterial agent that is a combination of semi-synthetic antibiotic, amoxicillin and beta-lactamase inhibitor, clavulanate potassium. Amclav 625mg is bactericidal and is used against wide range of bacterial infections.
Amclav 625mg is indicated for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as:
- Upper respiratory tract infections i.e. tonsillitis.
- Lower respiratory tract infections i.e. chronic bronchitis.
- Genito-urinary tract infections i.e. urethritis, female genital infections, cystitis.
- Skin and soft tissues infections i.e. boils, wound infections, and cellulitis.
- Amclav 625mg is also indicated in the prophylaxis against infections associated with different surgical procedures.
Amclav 625mg may cause common side effects such as diarrhea, muco-cutaneous candidiasis, nausea, and vomiting. Nausea is most commonly associated with higher doses of Amclav 625mg tablet. If GI reactions are present, Amclav 625mg is tablet is taken at the start of the meal.
- When administering Amclav 625mg, previous allergic history to penicillin’s, cephalosporins, or other allergens should be taken.
- Amclav 625mg is avoided if infectious mononucleosis is suspected after the occurrence of morbilliform rash has been associated with the condition following the use of amoxicillin.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Amclav 625mg is contraindicated in patients with a:
- History of hypersensitivity to beta-lactams, e.g., penicillin’s and cephalosporins.
- Previous history of amoxicillin-clavulanate-associated jaundice/hepatic dysfunction.
- Concomitant use of probenecid is not recommended. Probenecid decreases the renal tubular secretion of amoxicillin. Concomitant use with Amclav 625mg may result in increased and prolonged blood levels of amoxicillin, but not of clavulanic acid.
- Concomitant use of allopurinol during treatment with amoxicillin can increase the likelihood of allergic skin reactions.
- In common with other antibiotics, Amclav 625mg may affect the gut flora, leading to lower estrogen reabsorption and reduced efficacy of combined oral contraceptives.
In adults, Amclav 625mg tablet dose is taken twice daily for severe infections.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.