CEFIGET SUSPENSION 100MG/5ML (60ML)
- Medicine Overview
CEFIGET SUSPENSION 100MG/5ML SUSPENSION (60ML)
Cefiget 100mg/5ml is a third generation cephalosporin, cefixime. Cefiget 100mg/5ml is active against both gram negative and gram positive micro-organisms. Cefiget 100mg/5ml tablet works as an anti-bacterial agent by binding to a specific protein called as penicillin binding protein (PBPs) causing the lysis of bacterial cell-wall.
Cefiget 100mg/5ml is indicated for the treatment of following types of anti-bacterial infections:
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections
- Otitis media.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea
- Acute bronchitis.
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis
CEFIGET 100MG/5ML SUSPENSION (60ML) USES IN URDU. Cefiget 100mg/5ml درج ذیل قسم کے اینٹی بیکٹیریل انفیکشن کے علاج کے لیے تجویز کیا جاتا ہے:
پیشاب کی نالی کے غیر پیچیدہ انفیکشن
- اوٹائٹس میڈیا۔
- غیر پیچیدہ سوزاک
- شدید برونکائٹس۔
- گرسنیشوت اور ٹنسلائٹس
Cefiget 100mg/5ml may causes:
- Gastrointestinal disturbance: Diarrhea (if severe diarrhea occurs, cefixime should be discontinued), changes in the color of stool, nausea, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, flatulence have been reported. Pseudomembranous colitis has also been reported.
- Central nervous system disturbance: Headache, dizziness, seizures. Hepatic Disorders: Transient rises in liver transaminases, alkaline phosphatase and jaundice can also occur.
- Others: Hypersensitivity reactions which usually subside upon discontinuation of therapy; infrequent and reversible hematological changes; elevation of serum amylase. Increase in prothrombin time has been reported in few patients.
- Cephalosporins should be given with caution to penicillin sensitive patients, as there is some evidence of partial cross-allergenicity between the penicillin’s and cephalosporins.
- Cefixime should be administered with caution in patients with markedly impaired renal function.
- Treatment with broad spectrum antibiotics alters the normal flora of the colon and may permit overgrowth of clostridia. Pseudomembranous colitis is associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics (including macrolides, semi-synthetic penicillin’s, lincosamides and cephalosporin’s); it is therefore important to consider its diagnosis in patients who develop diarrhea in association with the use of antibiotics. Symptoms of pseudomembranous colitis may occur during or after antibiotic treatment.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics such as cefixime should be prescribed with caution in individuals with a history of gastrointestinal disease, particularly colitis.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Cefiget 100mg/5ml is contraindicated in:
- Patients with hypersensitivity to any component of this medication.
- Patients with known allergy to the cephalosporin group of antibiotics.
- Children less than six months old as safety and efficacy of cefixime in these patients have not been established
Anticoagulants: Care should be exercised in patients receiving anticoagulants and cefixime concomitantly due to the possibility that cefixime may increase prothrombin time. Carbamazepine: Elevated carbamazepine levels have been reported, when cefexime is administered concomitantly. Drug monitoring may be of assistance in detecting alterations in carbamazepine plasma concentrations
The recommended adult dose of Cefiget 100mg/5ml is 200 - 400mg daily according to the severity of infection, given either as a single dose or in two divided doses
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY's aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert, and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications, or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from the most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements, and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.