CELBEXX 200MG CAP
CELEBEXX 200MG CAPSULES:
Celebexx 200mg capsule belongs to a new class of drug called as ‘COXIBS.’ Celebexx 200mg capsule is an analgesic/arthritis medication used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, condition of acute pain, and in the adjuvant treatment of adenomatous colorectal polyps. Celebexx 200mg capsule works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins via Cox-2 inhibition.
Celebexx 200mg capsule is indicated for:
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
- For the symptomatic relief in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis.
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) in patients 2 years and older.
- For the management of acute pain in adults especially in post-operative pain.
- For the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.
- To reduce the number of adenomatous colorectal polyps in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), as an adjunct to usual care (e.g., endoscopic surveillance, surgery).
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence, nausea. Central and peripheral nervous system: Dizziness, headache, hypertonia. Respiratory: Pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection. Others: Back pain, insomnia, rash are the common symptoms of Celebexx 200mg capsule.
Celebexx 200mg capsule cannot be expected to substitute for corticosteroids or to treat corticosteroid insufficiency. Abrupt discontinuation of corticosteroids may lead to exacerbation of corticosteroid-responsive illness. Patients on prolonged corticosteroid therapy should have their therapy tapered slowly if a decision is made to discontinue corticosteroids
WHEN NOT TO USE:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to celecoxib.
- Patients who have demonstrated allergic-type reactions to sulfonamides.
- Patients who have experienced asthma, urticaria, or allergic -type reactions after taking acetyl salicylic acid (ASA) or other NSAIDs including other COX-2 specific inhibitors. Severe, rarely fatal, anaphylactic-like reactions to NSAIDs have been reported in such patients.
- Patients with renal impairment associated with creatinine clearance of 30mL/min. − Patients with severe hepatic impairment.
- Patients who have previously had a myocardial infarction or stroke.
- Patients for the treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
- Patients with active pep tic ulceration or gastrointestinal bleeding and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Patients with established ischemic heart disease.
Co-administration of celecoxib with drugs that are known to inhibit 2C9 should be done with caution. Patients who are known or suspected to be P 450 2C9 poor metabolizers based on a previous history should be administered celecoxib with caution as they may have abnormally high plasma levels due to reduced metabolic clearance.
The recommended dose of Celebexx 200mg capsule is 200mg daily with or without meal.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.