CLARITEK 250MG/5ML SUSP
- Medicine Overview
CLARITEK 250MG/5ML SUSPENSION:
Claritek 250mg is an antibiotic clarithromycin that acts by binding to the 50s ribosomal sub-unit of susceptible bacteria and suppresses protein synthesis. Clarithromycin is reported to have some in vitro activity against standard bacterial strains and clinical isolated bacteria
Claritek 250mg can be used for:
- Lower respiratory tract infections.
- Upper respiratory tract infections (pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis…)
- Acute media otitis in children.
- Skin and soft tissue infections (folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas).
- Alternate to penicillin for prophylaxis of endocarditis.
- Eradicate Helicobacter pylori in treatment regimens for peptic ulcer disease.
- Tablet and granule syrup preparations are indicated for the prevention of disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in patients with advance HIV infection.
- It has been tried in protozoa infections including Toxoplasmosis.
- The most frequent side effects of clarithromycin are related to the gastrointestinal system: nausea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. –
- Headache, taste perversion, and transient elevations of liver enzyme.
- Rash from mild skin eruption to, rarely, Steven-Johnsons syndrome has occurred.
- Transient CNS effects: anxiety, dizziness, insomnia, hallucinations, and confusion.
- Hypoglycemia, thrombocytopenia, interstitial nephritis, renal failure, hearing loss, glossitis, stomatitis, oral monilia, and tongue discoloration.
- Doses should be reduced in those with severe renal impairment.
- Caution should also be paid to the possibility of cross-resistance between clarithromycin and other macrolide drugs, as well as lincomycin and clindamycin.
- Pseudomonas colitis has been reported with nearly all anti-bacterial agents, including macrolides, and may range in severity from mild to life threatening.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to macrolide antibiotic drugs.
- Concomitant administration with any of the following medicines: astemizole, cisapride, pimozide, and terfenadine.
- The metabolism of other drugs by hepatic cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) isozyme such as warfarin, midazolam, lovastatin, phenytoin, cyclosporine may be inhibited by concomitant administration with claritex.
- Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with cisapride, pimozide, terfenadine, astemizole showed elevated serum levels of these drugs that may result in QT prolongation and cardiac arrhythmias
- Concurrent use of clarithromycin and quinidine or disopyramide may cause torsade de pointes. Serum levels of these medications should be monitored during clarithromycin therapy.
- Co-administration of clarithromycin and the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors such as lovastatin and simvastatin may rarely cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Simultaneous administration of clarithromycin tablet with zidovudine for HIV-infected patients may result in decreased steady-state zidovudine concentration because clarithromycin interfere with the absorption of zidovudine.
- Concomitant use of ritonavir 200mg every 8 hours and clarithromycin 500mg every 12 hours resulted in a marked inhibition of the metabolism of clarithromycin.
DOSE: The usual recommended dosage is 250mg of clarithromycin twice daily. In more severe infections, the dosage can be increased to 500mg of clarithromycin twice daily. The usual duration of therapy is from 7 to 14 days.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.