CO-TASMI 80MG+12.5MG TAB
- Medicine Overview
CO-TASMI 80MG+12.5MG TABLET
CO TASMI 80mg+12.5mg tablet is a combination of telmisartan, an orally active angiotensin II antagonist, and hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic.
CO TASMI 80mg+12.5mg tablet is indicated for the treatment of hypertension. This fixed dose combination is not indicated for initial therapy.
CO TASMI 80mg+12.5mg tablet may cause:
- Common: Dizziness
- Uncommon: Hypokalemia, anxiety, syncope, paresthesia, vertigo, tachycardia, arrhythmias, hypotension, or thostatic hypotension, dyspnea, diarrhea, dry mouth, flatulence, back pain, muscle spasms, myalgia, erectile dysfunction, chest pain and blood uric acid increase.
- As with any antihypertensive agent, excessive reduction of blood pressure in patients with ischemic cardiopathy or ischemic cardiovascular disease could result in a myocardial infarction or stroke. –
- Hypersensitivity reactions to hydrochlorothiazide may occur in patients with or without a history of hypersensitivity or bronchial asthma, but are more likely in patients with such a history.
- Exacerbation or activation of systemic lupus erythematous has been reported with the use of thiazide diuretics.
- When driving vehicles or operating machinery it must be borne in mind that dizziness or drowsiness may occasionally occur when taking antihypertensive therapy.
- Cases of photosensitivity reactions have been reported with thiazide diuretics.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
- In patients who are hypersensitive to this drug or any component of this product.
- In patients with anuria or hypersensitivity to other sulfonamide-derived drugs, due to hydrochlorothiazide component in the preparation.
- Refractory hypokalemia and hypercalcemia.
- During second and third trimesters of pregnancy and lactation. − With cholestasis and biliary obstructive disorders.
- With severe hepatic impairment.
- With severe renal impairment.
- Lithium: Coadministration of lithium and telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide is not recommended. If this combination proves essential, careful monitoring of serum lithium level is recommended during concomitant use.
- Digoxin: It is recommended that digoxin level be monitored when initiating, adjusting and discontinuing telmisartan to avoid over- or under-digitalization.
- Medicinal products associated with potassium loss and hypokalemia (e.g., other kaliuretic diuretics, laxatives, corticosteroids, ACTH, amphotericin, carbenoxolone, penicillin G sodium, salicylic acid and derivatives).
- Anti-diabetic medicinal products (oral agents and insulin): Dosage adjustment of the anti-diabetic medicinal products may be required.
- Metformin: Metformin should be used with precaution as there could be a risk of lactic acidosis induced by a possible functional renal failure linked to hydrochlorothiazide.
- Cholestyramine and colestipol resins: Absorption of hydrochlorothiazide is impaired in the presence of anionic exchange resins.
- CO TASMI can be taken with or without meals.
- CO TASMI may be administered with other anti-hypertensive agents.
- Usually effective dose of telmisartan is 40mg once daily.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.