FEROTEIN S (AMP)
FEROTEIN S (AMPULE)
Ferotein is an Iron Sucrose injection that is a brown, sterile, aqueous, complex of polynuclear iron (III)-hydroxide in sucrose for intravenous use.
FEROTEIN-S is indicated for the treatment of iron deficiency in the following:
- Where there is a clinical need to deliver iron rapidly to iron stores.
- Patients who cannot tolerate oral iron therapy or who are noncompliant.
- In active inflammatory bowel disease where oral iron preparations are ineffective.
- Non-dialysis dependent-chronic kidney disease (NDD-CKD) patients receiving an erythropoietin.
- Non-dialysis dependent-chronic kidney disease (NDD-CKD) patients not receiving an erythropoietin.
- Hemodialysis dependent-chronic kidney disease (HDD-CKD) patients receiving an erythropoietin.
- Peritoneal dialysis dependent-chronic kidney disease (HDD-CKD) patients receiving an erythropoietin.
Transient taste perversions is the most common symptom of Ferotein S injection. Other side effects include: headache, dizziness, hypotension and collapse, tachycardia, palpitations, bronchospasm, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea pruritus, urticaria, rash, exanthema, erythema, muscle cramps, myalgia, fever, shivering, flushing, chest pain and tightness.
- Parenteral administered iron preparations can cause allergic or anaphylactic reactions, which may be potentially fatal.
- In patients with liver dysfunction, parenteral iron should only be administered after careful risk/benefit assessment
- Parenteral iron must be used with caution in case of acute or chronic infection.
- Hypotensive episodes may occur if the injection is administered too rapidly.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
The use of Ferotein S is contra-indicated in cases of:
- Known hypersensitivity to iron sucrose or any of its components.
- Anemia not attributable to iron deficiency.
- Iron overload or disturbances in utilization of iron.
- Patients with a history of asthma, eczema or other atopic allergy, because they are more susceptible to experience allergic reactions.
- Pregnancy first trimester.
As with all parenteral iron preparations, iron sucrose should not be administered concomitantly with oral iron preparations since the absorption of oral iron is reduced. Therefore, oral iron therapy should be started at least 5 days after the last injection of Iron Sucrose.
The total cumulative dose of FEROTEIN-S (Iron sucrose), equivalent to the total iron deficit (mg), is determined by the hemoglobin level and body weight. The dose for FEROTEIN-S (Iron sucrose) must be individually determined for each patient according to the total iron deficit calculated.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.