GABIX 300MG CAP
GABIX 300MG CAPSULE:
Gabix 300mg capsule is a new antiepileptic drug that is structurally similar to the neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) and the endogenous amino acid L-leucine.
Gabix 300mg capsule is indicated for various types of neuropathic pain in adults: -
- Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)
- Peripheral diabetic neuropathies.
- Trigeminal neuralgia.
- As adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures with and without secondary generalization in patients over 12 years of age with epilepsy.
- Gabix is also indicated as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in pediatric patients age 6 – 12 years.
Gabix 300mg capsule may cause Dizziness, somnolence mostly. Other common side effects associated with the use of Gabix include:
Dizziness, somnolence. Less Common: Diarrhea, dry mouth, peripheral edema, weight gain, abnormal gait, amnesia, ataxia, abnormal thinking, rash and amblyopia.
- Gabapentin should not be abruptly discontinued because of the possibility of increasing seizure frequency.
- Caution is recommended in patients with a history of psychotic illness.
- Gabapentin should not be considered a treatment of absence seizures and may exacerbate these seizures in some patients. Consequently, gabapentin should be used with caution in patients who have mixed seizure disorders that include absence seizures.
- Patients should be advised neither to drive a car nor to operate complex machinery until they have gained sufficient experience on gabapentin.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Gabix 300mg capsule is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to gabapentin or any of the components of the product.
- Co-administration of naproxen sodium (250mg) with gabapentin (125mg) appears to increase the amount of gabapentin absorbed by 12% to 15%.
- Patients who require concomitant treatment with morphine may experience increases in gabapentin concentrations.
- Gabapentin’s bioavailability was reduced by up to 24% when coadministered at the same time with an aluminum and magnesium containing antacid
The total dose should be divided into three doses given at intervals not exceeding 12 hours. Gabix 300mg capsule may be given orally with or without food.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.