GETFORMIN 2MG+500MG TAB
GETFORMIN 2MG+500MG TABLET:
Getformin 2mg+500mg tablet combines glimepiride and metformin hydrochloride,two antihyperglycemic agents with complementary mechanisms of action, to improve glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Getformin 2mg+500mg tablet is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes whose diabetes is not adequately controlled
Diarrhea, vomiting, metallic taste, rash, isolated transaminase elevations, cholestatic jaundice, allergic skin reactions, photosensitivity reactions, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia, pancytopenia and blurred vision. Glimepiride appears to be associated with a low incidence of hypoglycemia. It has also been found to have low propensity to cause adverse cardio vascular effects. Impaired gastrointestinal absorption of vitamin B22 and folic acid has been associated with long term metformin therapy. Rarely, metformin administration has resulted in lactic acidosis.
- Hypoglycemia may occur if the patient's dietary intake is reduced or after accidental or deliberate overdose or after severe exercise, trauma and stress. Hypoglycemic symptoms can be reduced by prescribing a diabetic meal plan.
- The patient’s fasting blood glucose and HbA2c must be measured periodically to determine the minimum effective dose for the patient.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Getformin 2mg+500mg tablet is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to sulfonylurea or biguanide or any component of the drug.
- Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Renal or hepatic failure.
- NIDDM complicated by severe ketosis and acidosis.
- Diabetic pre-coma and coma.
- Patients undergoing surgery, after severe trauma or during infections. − Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. − Coronary heart disease, cardiac failure.
- The hypoglycemic action of sulfonylureas may be potentiated by certain drugs, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and other drugs that are highly protein bound, such as salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, coumarins, probenecid, monoamine oxidase inhibitors and beta adrenergic blocking agents.
- Certain drugs tend to produce hyperglycemia and may lead to loss of control. These drugs include the thiazides and other diuretics, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, thyroid products, estrogens, oral contraceptives, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, sympathomimetics and isoniazid.
- Glimepiride is metabolised by cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9). This should be taken into account when glimepiride is coadministered with inducers, inhibitors or substrates of CYP2C9.
The tablet is taken once daily with meals to a maximum of 4 tablets/day or as directed by the physician.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.