GETRYL TABLET 1MG
- Medicine Overview
GETRYL TABLET 1MG:
Getryl 1mg tablet is an oral blood glucose lowering drug of the sulfonylurea class. The primary mechanism of action of getryl appears to be dependent on stimulating the release of insulin from functioning pancreatic beta cells.
Getryl 1mg tablet is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to lower the blood glucose in patients with noninsulin-dependent (Type 2) diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) whose hyperglycemia cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone.
GETRYL TABLET 1MG USES IN URDU
گیٹریل 1 ایم جی ٹیبلیٹ کو خوراک اور ورزش کے ساتھ منسلک کیا جاتا ہے تاکہ نان انسولین پر منحصر (ٹائپ 2) ذیابیطس میلیتس (این آئی ڈی ڈی ایم) والے مریضوں میں خون میں گلوکوز کو کم کیا جا سکے جن کے ہائپرگلیسیمیا کو صرف خوراک اور ورزش سے کنٹرول نہیں کیا جا سکتا۔
Getryl 1mg tablet may cause:
- Visual reactions
- Gastrointestinal reactions.
- Hematologic reactions.
- Dermatological reactions
- Hepatic reactions.
- Electrolyte disturbances.
The patient’s fasting blood glucose and HbA1c must be measured periodically to determine the minimum effective dose for the patient; to detect primary failure, i.e., inadequate lowering of blood glucose at the maximum recommended dose of medication; and to detect secondary failure, i.e., loss of adequate blood glucose lowering response. After an initial period of effectiveness glycosylated hemoglobin levels should be performed to monitor the patient’s response to therapy.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Getryl 1mg tablet is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma. This condition should be treated with insulin.
- Patients & lactating patients.
- Pediatric patients.
- Acute porphyria.
- Hypoglycemic effect of anti-diabetics enhanced by alcohol.
- Hypoglycemic effect of anti-diabetics possibly enhanced by anabolic steroids, MAOIs & testosterone. -
- Hypoglycemic effect of anti-diabetics possibly antagonized by corticosteroids, diazoxide, loop diuretics, thiazide diuretics, estrogens & progestogens.
- The hypoglycemic effect of sulfonylureas may be possibly potentiated by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, coumarins, ACE inhibitors & tetracyclines.
- Effects of sulfonylureas enhanced by cimetidine, MAOIs & sulfinpyrazone.
- Effects of sulfonylureas rarely enhanced by trimethoprim & sulphonamide.
- Plasma concentration of sulfonylureas increased by fluconazole & miconazole.
- Requirements for sulfonylureas possibly reduced by octreotide.
The usual starting dose of Getryl 1mg tablet as initial therapy is 1- 2mg once daily, administered with breakfast or the first main meal. The maximum starting dose of Getryl should be not more than 2mg.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.