HCQ 200 MG TAB
HCQ 200MG TABLET:
HCQ 200 (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is a 4-aminoquinoline mainly used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, systemic and discoid lupus erythematosus. Hydroxychloroquine sulfate is considered a disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD) because it not only can decrease the pain and swelling of arthritis but may also prevent joint damage and reduce the risk of long-term disability.
HCQ 200 (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is indicated for the treatment of:
- Active rheumatoid arthritis (including juvenile idiopathic arthritis).
- Systemic and discoid lupus erythematosus.
- Dermatological conditions caused or aggravated by sunlight.
The side-effects of hydroxychloroquine includes gastro-intestinal disturbances, headache and skin reactions (rashes, pruritus); those occurring less frequently include convulsions, visual changes, keratopathy, ototoxicity, hair depigmentation, hair loss and discoloration of skin, nails, and mucous membranes.
- The drug should be used with caution in neurological disorders
- In the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, if objective improvement does not occur within six months, the drug should be discontinued.
- Use of hydroxychloroquine in patients with psoriasis may precipitate a severe attack of psoriasis.
- Periodic blood cell counts should be made if patients are given prolonged therapy.
- Hydroxychloroquine may exacerbate psoriasis and aggravate myasthenia gravis.
WHEN NO TO USE:
Hydroxychloroquine is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to 4-aminoquinoline compounds.
- Patients with pre-existing maculopathy of the eye.
- Long-term therapy in children.
- Children under 6 years of age.
- Hydroxychloroquine possibly inhibits effect of alfa and beta agalsidase and also laronidase.
- Increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias when hydroxychloroquine given in combinations avoid its concomitant use.
- In case of lanthanum it should be given at least 2 hours apart.
- Hydroxychloroquine increases plasma concentration of cyclosporine and digoxin.
- Metabolism of hydroxychloroquine inhibited by Cimetidine.
- Hydroxychloroquine have potential to increase symptoms of myasthenia gravis and thus diminish effects of neostigmine and pyridostigmine.
A suitable initial dose of HCQ 200 tablet is 400mg to 600mg (2 or 3 tablets) daily, preferably taken at meal times. Four to twelve weeks therapy is required before the effect of treatment can be evaluated.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.