INSULATARD PENFILL (3ML)
- Medicine Overview
WHAT IS INSULATARD PENFILL?
INSULATARD is human insulin with a fast-acting effect. INSULATARD will start to lower your blood sugar about half an hour after you inject it, and the effect will last for approximately 8 hours. INSULATARD is often given in combination with intermediate-acting or long-acting insulin preparations.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF INSULATARD PENFILL?
INSULATARD is used to reduce the high blood sugar level in patients with diabetes mellitus (diabetes). Diabetes is a disease where your body does not produce enough insulin to control the level of your blood sugar. Treatment with INSULATARD helps to prevent complications from your diabetes.
INSULATARD PENFILL USES IN URDU
INSULATARD ذیابیطس mellitus (ذیابیطس) کے مریضوں میں ہائی بلڈ شوگر کی سطح کو کم کرنے کے لیے استعمال کیا جاتا ہے۔ ذیابیطس ایک ایسی بیماری ہے جہاں آپ کا جسم آپ کے خون میں شکر کی سطح کو کنٹرول کرنے کے لیے کافی انسولین نہیں بنا پاتا۔ INSULATARD کے ساتھ علاج آپ کی ذیابیطس کی پیچیدگیوں کو روکنے میں مدد کرتا ہے۔
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF INSULATARD PENFILL?
Cold sweat; cool pale skin; headache; rapid heartbeat; feeling sick; feeling very hungry; temporary changes in vision; drowsiness; unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor; feeling anxious; feeling confused; difficulty in concentrating.
WHEN NOT TO USE INSULATARD PENFILL?
Do not use INSULATARD
- If you are allergic to human insulin or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- If you suspect hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) is starting.
- In insulin infusion pumps.
- If the protective cap is loose or missing. Each vial has a protective, tamper-proof plastic cap. If it is not in perfect condition when you get the vial, return the vial to your supplier.
- If it has not been stored correctly or if it has been frozen, see section 5.
- If the insulin does not appear clear and colourless.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF INSULATARD PENFILL?
Some conditions and activities can affect your need for insulin. Consult your doctor:
- If you have trouble with your kidneys or liver, or with your adrenal, pituitary or thyroid glands.
- If you exercise more than usual or if you want to change your usual diet, as this may affect your blood sugar level.
- If you are ill, carry on taking your insulin and consult your doctor.
- If you are going abroad, travelling over time zones may affect your insulin needs and the timing hereof.
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS OF INSULATARD PENFILL?
Your blood sugar level may fall (hypoglycaemia) if you take:
- Other medicines for the treatment of diabetes.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) (used to treat depression)
- Beta-blockers (used to treat high blood pressure)
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (used to treat certain heart conditions or high blood pressure)
- Salicylates (used to relieve pain and lower fever)
- Anabolic steroids (such as testosterone)
- Sulfonamides (used to treat infections).
Your blood sugar level may rise (hyperglycaemia) if you take:
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills)
- Thiazides (used to treat high blood pressure or excessive fluid retention)
- Glucocorticoids (such as ‘cortisone’ used to treat inflammation)
- Thyroid hormone (used to treat thyroid gland disorders)
- Sympathomimetics (such as epinephrine [adrenaline], salbutamol or terbutaline used to treat asthma)
- Growth hormone (medicine for stimulation of skeletal and somatic growth and pronounced influence on the body’s metabolic processes)
- Danazol (medicine acting on ovulation).
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF INSULATARD PENFILL?
Always use your insulin and adjust your dose exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure. Eat a meal or snack containing carbohydrates within 30 minutes of the injection to avoid low blood sugar.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.