LEFLOX 500MG TAB
LEFLOX 500MG TABLET:
Leflox 500mg tablet is a synthetic broad-spectrum antibacterial agent that is levofloxacin. Leflox has in vitro activity against the following gram-negative and gram-positive micro-organisms.
Leflox 500mg tablet is indicated for the treatment of adults (>18 years of age) with mild, moderate, and severe infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated micro-organisms including:
- Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- Community- acquired pneumonia and nosocomial pneumonia.
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections.
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections (mild to moderate) including abscesses, cellulitis, furuncles, impetigo, pyoderma, wound infections.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis.
- Complicated urinary tract infections (mild to moderate).
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (mild to moderate).
- Acute pyelonephritis (mild to moderate).
- Inhalational anthrax, post-exposure.
Moniliasis, insomnia, headache, dizziness, dyspnea, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, dyspepsia, rash, pruritus, vaginitis, edema and chest pain.
- Although levofloxacin is more soluble than other quinolones, adequate hydration of patients receiving levofloxacin should be maintained to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- The risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture is increased in the elderly and in patients using corticosteroids.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Levofloxacin is contraindicated in:
- Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to this drug and/or other quinolone antibacterial.
- Children or growing adolescents
- Concurrent administration of levofloxacin with antacids containing magnesium, or aluminium, as well as sucralfate metal cations such as iron and multivitamin preparations with zinc or didanosine may interfere with the gastrointestinal absorption of levofloxacin resulting in systemic levels considerably lower than desired.
- Pronounced lowering of the cerebral seizure threshold may occur when quinolones are given concurrently with theophylline, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or other agents which lower the seizure threshold.
- : Caution should be exercised when levofloxacin is coadministered with drugs that affect the tubular renal secretion such as probenecid and cimetidine, especially in renally impaired patients.
- The half-life of cyclosporine was increased by 33% when co-administered with levofloxacin.
- There have been reports in patients that levofloxacin enhances the effects of warfarin.
The initial recommended dose for bacterial infections is 250-500mg daily.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Please read the enclosed instruction leaflet.
- Keep out of reach of children.