LIPIGET 20 MG TAB
Lipiget 20mg is a synthetic lipid-lowering agent. Atorvastatin is an inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase. This enzyme catalyzes the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonate, an early and rate-limiting step in cholesterol biosynthesis.
Lipiget 1omg is indicated
- As an adjunct to diet for reduction of elevated total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, apo-lipoprotein B and triglycerides in adults and children aged 20 years and older with primary hypercholesterolemia, heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia or combined (mixed) hyperlipidemia when response to diet and other non-pharmacological measures is inadequate.
- For the reduction of cardiac ischemic events in patients with asymptomatic or mildly to moderately symptomatic coronary artery disease with a LDL-cholesterol of at least 3.0mmol/L and a triglyceride level of no more than 5.6mmol/L.
Common: Constipation, flatulence, dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis), insomnia, headache, dizziness, paraesthaesia, hypoesthesia, skin rash, pruritus, myalgia, arthralgia, asthenia, chest pain, back pain, fatigue.
Uncommon: Anorexia, vomiting, pancreatitis, thrombocytopenia, alopecia, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, amnesia, peripheral neuropathy, urticaria, alopecia, tinnitus, myopathy, muscle cramps, impotence, malaise, weight gain.
Before instituting therapy with lipiget 20mg, an attempt should be made to control hypercholesterolemia with appropriate diet, exercise, and weight reduction in obese patients, and to treat other underlying medical problems.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
- Lipiget 20mg is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to any component of this medication.
- Lipiget 20mg is also contraindicated in patients with active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases exceeding 3 times the upper limit of normal.
- Safety of lipiget 20mg in pregnancy has not been established, and is contraindicated for use during pregnancy.
- Use of lipiget 20mg during breast feeding is not recommended, because of the potential for serious adverse effects in nursing infants.
- Lipiget 20mg is contraindicated in women of child-bearing potential not using appropriate contraceptive measures.
The risk of myopathy during treatment with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors is increased with concurrent administration of cyclosporin, fibrates, macrolide antibiotics, azole antifungals, HIV-protease inhibitors or naicin and on rare occasions has resulted in rhabdomyolysis with renal dysfunction secondary to myoglobinuria.
A therapeutic response is evident within 2 weeks, and the maximum response is usually achieved within 4 weeks. Daily dose is one tablet/day.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.