LIPITOR 10MG TAB
- Medicine Overview
Lipitor 10mg Tablet
WHAT IS LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
Lipitor consists of atorvastatin calcium and is used in different heart problems. Lipitor belongs to a group of medicines known as statins, which are lipid (fat) regulating medicines.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
- LIPITOR is a prescription medicine that lowers cholesterol in your blood. It lowers the LDL-C ("bad" cholesterol) and triglycerides in your blood. It can raise your HDL-C ("good" cholesterol) as well.
- LIPITOR can lower the risk for heart attack, stroke, certain types of heart surgery, and chest pain in patients who have heart disease or risk factors for heart disease
- LIPITOR can lower the risk for heart attack or stroke in patients with diabetes and risk factors
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
- Muscle problems. LIPITOR can cause serious muscle problems that can lead to kidney problems, including kidney failure. You have a higher chance for muscle problems if you are taking certain other medicines with LIPITOR.
- Liver problems. Your doctor should do blood tests to check your liver before you start taking LIPITOR and if you have symptoms of liver problems while you take LIPITOR
WHEN NOT TO USE LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
Do not take LIPITOR if you:
- are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant. LIPITOR may harm your unborn baby. If you get pregnant, stop taking LIPITOR and call your doctor right away.
- are breast feeding.LIPITOR can pass into your breast milk and may harm your baby.
- have liver problems.
- are allergic to LIPITOR or any of its ingredients. The active ingredient is atorvastatin. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients in LIPITOR.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
Before You Start LIPITOR
Tell your doctor if you:
- have muscle aches or weakness
- drink more than 2 glasses of alcohol daily
- have diabetes
- have a thyroid problem
- have kidney problems
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
Some medicines should not be taken with LIPITOR. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. LIPITOR and certain other medicines can interact causing serious side effects. Especially tell your doctor if you take medicines for:
- your immune system
- birth control
- heart failure
- HIV or AIDS
- hepatitis C virus
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF LIPITOR 10MG TAB?
The usual starting dose of Lipitor is 10 mg once a day in adults and children aged 10 years or older. Take LIPITOR each day at any time of day at about the same time each day. LIPITOR can be taken with or without food.
Disclaimer Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions. Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.