MASACOL 800MG TAB
- Medicine Overview
MASACOL 800MG TABLET:
MASACOL (Masacol 800mg tablet) is the 5-amino derivative of salicylic acid and is considered to be the active moiety of sulfasalazine.
Masacol 800mg tablets are indicated for the treatment of:
- Mild to moderate acute exacerbations of ulcerative colitis.
- Maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis.
- Maintenance of remission of crohn's ileo-colitis.
MASACOL 800MG TABLET USES IN URDU
Masacol 800mg کی گولیاں ان کے علاج کے لیے تجویز کی جاتی ہیں:
السرٹیو کولائٹس کے ہلکے سے اعتدال پسند شدید اضافہ۔
السرٹیو کولائٹس کی معافی کی بحالی۔
- کروہن کے ileo-colitis کی معافی کی بحالی۔
Masacol 800mg tablets may cause Headache, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, rash, drug fever, dizziness, arthralgia and dyspepsia.
Masacol 800mg tablet are cautiously used in following conditions:
- Patients on oral forms of Masacol 800mg tablet should have renal function monitored with serum creatinine levels measured.
- Caution should be used in patients with previous myopericarditis of allergic background regardless of its origin.
- In case of existing gastric or duodenal ulcers treatment should begin with caution based on theoretical grounds
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Masacol 800mg tablet is contraindicated in:
- Patients with a history of sensitivity to salicylates.
- Patients with severe renal insufficiency.
- Patients with severe hepatic insufficiency.
- Children under 2 years of age.
- Concomitant use of lactulose or similar preparations should be avoided.
Interactions may occur during concomitant administration of Masacol 800mg tablet and the following drugs:
- Masacol 800mg tablet decreases the absorption of digoxin.
- Masacol 800mg tablet may increase the immunosuppressive effects of azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine by inhibition of thiopurine methyltransferase.
- Masacol 800mg tablet reduces the diuretic effect of furosemide and spironolactone.
- Masacol 800mg tablet may inhibit the action of warfarin.
- Masacol 800mg tablet may increase the gastrointestinal side effects of glucocorticoids.
- Use of Masacol 800mg tablet and other known nephrotoxic agents, such as NSAIDs, methotrexate and azathioprine, may increase the risk of renal reactions.
Ulcerative colitis: 6 tablets in divided doses.
Crohn’s disease: 3 tablets in divided doses.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.