MEROL 25MG TAB
MEROL 25MG TABLET:
Merol 25mg tablet belongs to the class of anti-hypertensive agent i.e. Beta-blocker and is comprises of Metoprolol Tartarate. Merol 25mg works by blocking the activity of the hormone epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. This eventually causes the blood vessels to relax and the heart to beat less rapidly, which lowers the blood pressure and relieves chest pain.
Merol 25mg tablet is indicated for the following purposes:
- It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and a certain type of chest pain called angina.
- Merol 25mg is also used to improve survival after a heart attack.
Merol 25mg tablet may cause:
- Decrease in sex drive
- Slow heart rate
- Cold hands and feet.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Merol 25mg tablet is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
Merol 25mg tablet has following precautions:
- Before taking metoprolol, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other beta-blockers (such as atenolol, propranolol); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- It can cause myocardial depression and may precipitate heart failure and cardiogenic shock.
- This drug passes into breast milk. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before breast-feeding.
- Merol 25mg tablet may potentiate hypoglycemia in patients with diabetes mellitus and may mask signs and symptoms.
- Other interactions of Merol 25mg tablet with other drugs are Atenolol, bisprolol, carvedilol, diltiazem, verapamil.
The recommended dose of Merol 25mg tablet is:
- In adults, the usual recommended dose is 25 mg taken orally thrice per day.
- In children (6-17 years old), the usual dose is 1mg/kg of body weight taken orally once per day.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.