MONTIGET 10MG TAB
MONTIGET 10MG TABLET:
Montiget 10mg tablet is a leukotriene receptor antagonist (LTRA) used for the maintenance and treatment of asthma and to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies rhinitis.
- MONTIGET is indicated for the prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma in adults and pediatric patients 12 months of age and older.
- MONTIGET is indicated for prevention of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB) in patients 15 years of age and older
- MONTIGET is indicated for the relief of symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in patients 2 years of age and older and perennial allergic rhinitis in patients 6 months of age and older.
- Increased bleeding tendency.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis, hepatic eosinophilic infiltration.
- Dream abnormalities including nightmares, hallucinations, insomnia, irritability, anxiety, restlessness, agitation including aggressive behaviour, tremor, depression, suicidal thinking and behaviour (suicidality) in very rare cases.
- Dizziness,drowsiness, paraesthesia/ hypoesthesia, seizure.
- Diarrhoea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting.
- Elevated levels of serum transaminases (ALT, AST), cholestatic hepatitis.
- Angioedema, bruising, urticaria, pruritus, rash, erythema, nodosum.
- Arthralgia, myalgia including muscle cramps.
- Asthenia/fatigue, malaise, oedema, pyrexia.
Therapy with MONTIGET can be continued during acute exacerbations of asthma. Patients who have exacerbations of asthma after exercise should have available for rescue a shortacting inhaled β-agonist.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Montelukast sodium is contraindicated in a patient who has shown hypersensitivity to the drug or any of its components. Montelukast sodium is not indicated for use in acute asthma attacks including status asthmaticus.
The area under the plasma concentration curve (AUC) for montelukast is decreased approximately 40% with coadministration of phenobarbital. Since montelukast is metabolised by CYP 3A4, caution should be exercised, particularly in children, when montelukast is co-administered with inducers of CYP 3A4, such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampicin.
- For adults and adolescents 15 years of age and older: one 10mg tablet.
- For pediatric patients 6 to 14 years of age: one 5mg chewable tablet.
- For pediatric patients 2 to 5 years of age: one 4mg chewable tablet or one packet of 4mg oral granules. For pediatric patients 12 to 23 months of age: one packet of 4mg oral granules
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.