MOXIGET 400MG TAB
MOXIGET 400MG TABLET
Moxiget is a new oral 8-methoxyfluroquinolone antibacterial agent i.e. Moxifloxacin.
Moxiget tablets are indicated for the treatment of following bacterial infections:
- Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- Community acquired pneumonia.
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections.
Moxifloxacin was usually well tolerated. Most adverse reactions were mild to moderate. These includes Headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, QT prolongation in patients with hypokalemia, increase in transaminases, super infection due to resistant bacteria and diarrhea.
- Moxifloxacin should be used with caution in patients with ongoing proarrhythmic conditions.
- Patients should be advised to contact their doctor immediately prior to continuing treatment if skin and/or mucosal reactions occur.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Moxifloxacin is contraindicated in patients:
- With hypersensitivity to moxifloxacin or other quinolones and any components of this medication.
- Less than 18 years of age.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- With history of tendon disease/disorder related to quinolone treatment.
- With impaired liver function and in patients with transaminases >5 fold ULN.
- With congenital or documented acquired QT prolongation.
- With electrolyte disturbances, particularly in uncorrected hypokalemia.
- With clinically relevant bradycardia.
- With clinically relevant heart failure with reduced left-ventricular ejection fraction.
- With previous history of symptomatic arrhythmias.
- Moxifloxacin should be taken at least 4 hours before or 8 hours after antacids containing magnesium, calcium or aluminium, as well as sucralfate, metal cations.
- Medication that can reduce potassium levels should be used with caution in patients receiving moxifloxacin.
- Concomitant administration of charcoal with an oral dose of 400mg moxifloxacin leads to a pronounced prevention of drug absorption and a reduced systemic availability of the drug by more than 80%.
- Concomitant administration of NSAIDs with quinolones may increase the risks of CNS stimulation and convulsions.
The usual adult dose of Moxiget is 400mg once every 24 hours.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.