NEXUM 20MG CAP
NEXUM 20MG CAPSULE:
Nexum 20mg capsules are an enteric-coated pellet formulation of esomeprazole magnesium due to its acid labile nature. Nexum 20mg capsules belongs to the class of drug Proton pump Inhibitor i.e. Esomeprazole that suppresses gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the H+/K+-ATPase in the gastric parietal cell.
Nexum 20mg tablet is indicated for the following purpose:
1.Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Healing of Erosive Esophagitis
- Maintenance of Healing of Erosive Esophagitis
- Symptomatic Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Risk Reduction of NSAID-Associated Gastric Ulcer
- H. pylori Eradication to Reduce the Risk of Duodenal Ulcer Recurrence.
- As a triple therapy (Esomeprazole plus amoxicillin and clarithromycin) is indicated for the treatment of patients with H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer disease to eradicate H. pylori.
Nexum 20mg capsules includes Headache, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence and nausea/vomiting.
Nexum 20mg capsules are caustiously used in the following conditions:
- Atrophic gastritis has been noted occasionally in gastric corpus biopsies from patients treated long-term with omeprazole, of which esomeprazole is an enantiomer.
- Proton pump Inhibitor may be associated with an increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea, especially in hospitalized patients.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Nexum 20mg capsules are contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to Proton Pump Inhibitor or substituted benzimidazoles or any excipient of the product.
- Esomeprazole should not be used concomitantly with nelfinavir.
Nexum 20mg capsules shows interactions with the following:
- Co-administration of atazanavir with proton pump inhibitors is expected to substantially decrease atazanavir plasma concentrations and may result in a loss of therapeutic effect and the development of drug resistance.
- Co-administration of saquinavir with proton pump inhibitors is expected to increase saquinavir concentrations, which may increase toxicity and require dose reduction.
- In common with the use of other inhibitors of acid secretion or antacids, the absorption of ketoconazole and itraconazole can decrease during treatment with esomeprazole due to decreased intragastric acidity during treatment with esomeprazole.
- Esomeprazole inhibits CYP2C19, the major esomeprazole metabolising enzyme. Thus, when esomeprazole is combined with drugs metabolised by CYP2C19, such as diazepam, citalopram, imipramine, clomipramine, phenytoin etc., the plasma concentrations of these drugs may be increased and a dose reduction could be needed.
- Drug-induced decrease in gastric acidity results in enterochromaffinlike cell hyperplasia and increased Chromogranin A levels which may interfere with investigations for neuroendocrine tumors.
Nexum 20mg capsules should be swallowed whole and taken at least one hour before meals. The daily recommended dose is 20-20mg daily.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.