NORVASC TABLET 10MG
- Medicine Overview
WHAT IS NORVASC 10MG TAB?
Norvasc contains the active substance amlodipine which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF NORVASC 10MG TAB?
Norvasc is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or a certain type of chest pain called angina, a rare form of which is Prinzmetal’s or variant angina.
NORVASC 10MG TAB USES IN URDU
Norvasc کا استعمال ہائی بلڈ پریشر (ہائی بلڈ پریشر) یا سینے کے درد کی ایک مخصوص قسم کے علاج کے لیے کیا جاتا ہے جسے انجائنا کہا جاتا ہے، جس کی ایک نادر شکل Prinzmetal's یا مختلف انجائنا ہے۔
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF NORVASC 10MG TAB?
Sudden wheeziness, chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing · Swelling of eyelids, face or lips · Swelling of the tongue and throat which causes great difficulty breathing · Severe skin reactions including intense skin rash, hives, reddening of the skin over your whole body, severe itching, blistering, peeling and swelling of the skin, inflammation of mucous membranes (Stevens Johnson Syndrome) or other allergic reactions · Heart attack, abnormal heart beat · Inflamed pancreas which may cause severe abdominal and back pain accompanied with feeling very unwell.
WHEN NOT TO USE NORVASC 10MG TAB?
Do not take Norvasc
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to amlodipine, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine listed in section 6, or to any other calcium antagonists. This may be itching, reddening of the skin or difficulty in breathing.
- If you have severe low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you have narrowing of the aortic heart valve (aortic stenosis) or cardiogenic shock (a condition where your heart is unable to supply enough blood to the body).
- If you suffer from heart failure after a heart attack.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF NORVASC 10MG TAB?
You should inform your doctor if you have or have had any of the following conditions:
- Recent heart attack · Heart failure · Severe increase in blood pressure (Hypertensive crisis) · Liver disease · You are elderly and your dose needs to be increased
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS NORVASC 10MG TAB?
Norvasc may affect or be affected by other medicines, such as:
- ketoconazole, itraconazole (anti-fungal medicines) · ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir (so called protease inhibitors used to treat HIV) · rifampicin, erythromycin, clarithromycin (antibiotics) · hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort) · verapamil, diltiazem (heart medicines) · dantrolene (infusion for severe body temperature abnormalities) · tacrolimus, sirolimus, temsirolimus and everolimus (medicines used to alter the way your immune system works) · simvastatin (cholesterol lowering medicine) · cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant)
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF NORVASC 10MG TAB?
The recommended initial dose is Norvasc 5 mg once daily. The dose can be increased to Norvasc 10 mg once daily. This medicine can be used before or after food and drinks. You should take this medicine at the same time each day with a drink of water. Do not take Norvasc with grapefruit juice.
For children and adolescents (6-17 years old), the recommended usual starting dose is 2.5 mg a day. The maximum recommended dose is 5 mg a day. Norvasc 5 mg tablets can be divided into halves to provide a 2.5 mg dose.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY's aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert, and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications, or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from the most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements, and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.