PONSTAN TABLET 250MG
- Medicine Overview
WHAT ISPONSTAN TABLET 250MG ?
Ponstan contains 250 mg mefenamic acid. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent with analgesic properties, and a demonstrable antipyretic effect. It has been shown to inhibit prostaglandin activity.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
- As an anti-inflammatory analgesic for the symptomatic relief of rheumatoid arthritis (including Still's Disease), osteoarthritis, and pain including muscular, traumatic and dental pain, headaches of most aetiology, post-operative and post-partum pain; pyrexia in children.
- Primary dysmenorrhoea.
- Menorrhagia due to dysfunctional causes and presence of an IUD when other pelvic pathology has been ruled out.
PONSTAN 250MG TABLET USES IN URDU
- ریمیٹائڈ گٹھیا (بشمول اسٹیل کی بیماری)، اوسٹیو ارتھرائٹس، اور پٹھوں، تکلیف دہ اور دانتوں کے درد، زیادہ تر ایٹولوجی کے سر درد، آپریشن کے بعد اور بعد از پیدائش کے درد کی علامتی ریلیف کے لیے ایک سوزش ینالجیسک کے طور پر؛ بچوں میں pyrexia.
- پرائمری ڈیس مینوریا۔
- غیر فعال وجوہات اور IUD کی موجودگی کی وجہ سے مینورجیا جب دیگر شرونیی پیتھالوجی کو مسترد کر دیا گیا ہو۔
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
- Diarrhoea occasionally occurs following the use of mefenamic acid. Although this may occur soon after starting treatment, it may also occur after several months of continuous use. The diarrhoea has been investigated in some patients who have continued this drug in spite of its continued presence.
- Glucose intolerance in diabetic patients, hyponatraemia.
WHEN NOT TO USE PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients listed in section 6.1.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- History of gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation, related to previous NSAIDs therapy.
- Active, or history of recurrent peptic ulcer/haemorrhage (two or more distinct episodes of proven ulceration or bleeding).
- Severe heart failure, hepatic failure and renal failure.
- Because the potential exists for cross-sensitivity to aspirin, ibuprofen, or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, mefenamic acid must not be given to patients who have previously shown hypersensitivity reaction (e.g. asthma, bronchospasm, rhinitis, angioedema or urticaria) to these medicines.
- During the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Treatment of pain after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
Patients on prolonged therapy should be kept under regular surveillance with particular attention to liver dysfunction, rash, blood dyscrasias or development of diarrhoea. Appearance of any of these symptoms should be regarded as an indication to stop therapy immediately.
Use with concomitant NSAIDs including cyclooxygenase 2 specific inhibitors
Prolonged use of any type of painkiller for headaches can make them worse. If this situation is experienced or suspected, medical advice should be obtained, and treatment should be discontinued.
Precaution should be taken in patients suffering from dehydration and renal disease, particularly the elderly.
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
Antidepressants: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs): increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding (see section 4.4).
Antihypertensives and diuretics: A reduction in antihypertensive and diuretic effect has been observed. Diuretics can increase the nephrotoxicity of NSAIDs.
ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-II-receptor antagonists: A reduction in antihypertensive effect and an increased risk of renal impairment especially in elderly patients. Patients should be adequately hydrated, and the renal function assessed in the beginning and during concomitant therapy.
Aminoglycosides: Reduction in renal function in susceptible individuals, decreased elimination of aminoglycoside and increased plasma concentrations.
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF PONSTAN 250MG TABLET?
2 capsules (500 mg) three times daily.
In menorrhagia to be administered on the first day of excessive bleeding and continued according to the judgment of the physician.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY's aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert, and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications, or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from the most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements, and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.