- Medicine Overview
WHAT IS REVOLIZER?
Revolizer Device is useful for inhaling dry medication powder orally for treating lung-related diseases. Revolizer is a cost effective, simple to use and environmental friendly device for pulmonary (lung related) drug delivery. Revolizer helps in controlling and treating asthma by providing accurate dosing and excellent delivery of the drug in the lungs.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF REVOLIZER?
Dry powder inhalers (DPIs) are one of the most preferred inhalation drug delivery systems. ... Revolizer ® is a novel unit dose DPI device having adequate drug deposition and a simple inhalation technique, allowing patients to confirm dose delivery as they can see, hear, and taste the drug.
- Features of Revolizer Device:
Easy to use: Requires the placement of a drug capsule and inhalation through the mouthpiece provided, without shaking or priming.
Easy to maintain: The capsule chamber and the mouthpiece of the asthma device are cleaned with a dry, clean cloth.
Portable: This COPD device is small in size and can be carried around to deliver drug anywhere as needed.
Accurate and consistent dosage: The drug capsule provides fixed amount of the medication.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF REVOLIZER?
You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacistpromptly.
WHEN NOT TO USE REVOLIZER?
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF REVOLIZER?
- Before taking eprosartan, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to ACE inhibitors (e.g., captopril, lisinopril); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- This drug may make you dizzy. To minimize dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a seated or lying position.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, high blood levels of potassium, severe loss of body water and minerals such as sodium (dehydration).
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS REVOLIZER?
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: aliskiren, lithium, drugs that may increase the level of potassium in the blood (such as ACE inhibitors including benazepril/lisinopril, birth control pills containing drospirenone).
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF REVOLIZER?
Requires the placement of a drug capsule and inhalation through the mouthpiece provided, without shaking or priming.