RISEK CAPSULE 20MG
- Medicine Overview
RISEK CAPSULE 20MG:
Risek 20mg capsule is a substituted benzimidazole, is a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid secretion. Risek 20mg inhibits the secretion of gastric acid by irreversibly blocking the enzyme system of hydrogen/potassium adenosine triphosphatase (H+/K+ ATPase), the proton pump of the gastric parietal cell. This effect is dose-related and leads to inhibition of both basal and stimulated acid secretion irrespective of the stimulus.
What are the uses of Risek Capsules?
Risek 20mg capsule is indicated for:
1. Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD):
- Treatment of erosive reflux esophagitis.
- Long-term management of patients with healed esophagitis to prevent relapse.
- Symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer.
- Treatment and prophylaxis of NSAID-associated ulceration.
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection associated with peptic ulcer disease.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Prophylaxis of acid aspiration.
What are the uses of Risek Capsules in Urdu?
Risek 20mg کیپسول کے لیے اشارہ کیا گیا ہے:
1. Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD):
erosive reflux esophagitis کا علاج۔
دوبارہ ہونے سے بچنے کے لیے شفا یافتہ غذائی نالی کے مریضوں کا طویل مدتی انتظام۔
گیسٹرو فیزل ریفلکس بیماری (GERD) کا علامتی علاج۔
گیسٹرک اور گرہنی کا السر۔
NSAID سے وابستہ السرشن کا علاج اور پروفیلیکسس۔
پیپٹک السر کی بیماری سے وابستہ ہیلی کوبیکٹر پائلوری انفیکشن کا خاتمہ۔
ایسڈ کی خواہش کا پروفیلیکسس۔
What are the side effects of Risek Capsule?
Risek 20mg capsule is well tolerated and the adverse reactions have generally been mild and reversible. The common side effect includes Headache. Others include Diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, and flatulence.
WHEN NOT TO USE RISEK CAPSULE?
Risek 20mg capsule is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation or to substituted.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF USING RISEK?
Risek 20mg capsule is cautiously used in patients with:
- When gastric ulcer is suspected, the possibility of malignancy should be excluded as treatment may alleviate symptoms and delay diagnosis.
- Prior to initiation of dual or triple therapy, the physician should consider the patient with known hypersensitivity reactions to penicillin, macrolides and other antibiotics.
- Omeprazole, as all acid-blocking medicines, may reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) due to hypo- or achlorhydria. This should be considered in patients with reduced body stores or risk factors for reduced vitamin B12 absorption on long-term therapy.
- Severe hypomagnesemia has been reported in patients treated with proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) like omeprazole for at least three months, and in most cases for a year.
- Proton pump inhibitors, especially if used in high doses and over long durations of greater than one year, may modestly increase the risk of hip, wrist, and spine fracture, predominantly in the elderly or in presence of other recognized risk factors.
What are the interactions of Risek Capsule?
Risek 20mg capsule may interact with:
- In common with the use of other inhibitors of acid secretion or antacids, the absorption of ketoconazole and itraconazole can decrease during treatment with omeprazole due to decreased intragastric acidity during treatment with omeprazole.
- Omeprazole is metabolized by CYP2C19. Thus, when omeprazole is combined with drugs metabolized by CYP2C19, such as diazepam, citalopram, imipramine, clomipramine, phenytoin, etc., the plasma concentrations of these drugs may be increased and a dose reduction could be needed.
- The plasma levels of atazanavir are decreased in case of co-administration with omeprazole therefore concomitant administration of omeprazole with atazanavir is not recommended.
- Concomitant treatment with omeprazole (20mg daily) and digoxin increased the bioavailability of digoxin by 10%
- Concomitant administration of omeprazole with saquinavir resulted in increased plasma levels up to approximately 70% for saquinavir associated with good tolerability in HIV-infected patients.
WHAT IS THE DAILY DOSE OF RISEK CAPSULE?
The recommended adult oral dose is 20mg daily for up to 4 weeks.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY's aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert, and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications, or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from the most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements, and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.