ROSULIN 5MG TAB
- Medicine Overview
ROSULIN 5MG Tablet
WHAT IS ROSULIN 5MG ?
Rosulin 5mg belongs to the class of drug called STATINS and is ‘Rosuvastatin’ use to treat high blood cholesterol levels.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF ROSULIN 5MG ?
Rosulin 5mg is used to correct the levels of fatty substances in blood called lipids especially cholesterol.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF ROSULIN 5MG ?
Headache, nausea, vomiting.
WHEN NOT TO USE ROSULIN 5MG ?
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to Rosulin 5mg ®, or to any of its ingredients.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Rosulin 5mg ® stop taking it immediately and tell your doctor. Women should avoid becoming pregnant while taking Rosulin 5mg ® by using suitable contraception.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have severe kidney problems.
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains.
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used, for example, after organ transplants)
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF ROSULIN 5MG ?
- If you have problems with your kidneys.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you have had repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains, a personal or family history of muscle problems, or a previous history of muscle problems when taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines. Tell your doctor immediately if you have unexplained muscle aches or pains especially if you feel unwell or have a fever. Also tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have a muscle weakness that is constant.
- If you regularly drink large amounts of alcohol.
- If your thyroid gland is not working properly.
- If you take other medicines called fibrates to lower your cholesterol. Please read this leaflet carefully, even if you have taken other medicines for high cholesterol before.
- If you take medicines used to treat the HIV infection e.g. ritonavir with lopinavir and/or atazanavir.
- If you take antibiotics containing fusidic acid, please see Other medicines and Rosulin 5mg ®.
WHAT ARE THE INTERACTIONS ROSULIN 5MG ?
ciclosporin (used for example, after organ transplants), warfarin or clopidogrel (or any other drug used for thinning the blood), fibrates (such as gemfibrozil, fenofibrate) or any other medicine used to lower cholesterol (such as ezetimibe), indigestion remedies (used to neutralise acid in your stomach), erythromycin (an antibiotic), fusidic acid (an antibiotic), an oral contraceptive (the pill), hormone replacement therapy or anti-viral medications such as ritonavir with lopinavir and/or atazanavir or simeprevir (used to treat infections, including HIV or hepatitis C infection). The effects of these medicines could be changed by Rosulin 5mg or they could change the effects of Rosulin 5mg .
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF ROSULIN 5MG ?
Your treatment with Rosulin 5mg ® must start with the 5 mg or the 10 mg dose, even if you have taken a higher dose of a different statin before. The choice of your start dose will depend upon:
- Your cholesterol level.
- The level of risk you have of experiencing a heart attack or stroke
Disclaimer Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions. Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.