- Medicine Overview
WHAT IS ROTAHALER DEVICE?
The Rotahaler is a dry powder inhalation device to be used with Cipla Tiova RotaCaps. It is a breath-actuated device and eliminates the need for co-ordination of actuation and inspiration. This makes it an excellent and very simple-to-use device for pulmonary drug delivery. The medicine comes as a powder in a capsule that fits into the RotaHaler device. Each capsule contains only a small amount of powder equal to one full dose of medicine
HOW TO USE ROTAHALER DEVICE?
Do not swallow the capsules
• Use the RotaHaler to take the medicine
• Do not use the RotaHaler device to take any other medicine
• The medicine comes as a powder in a capsule that fits into the RotaHaler device. Each capsule contains only a small amount of powder equal to one full dose of medicine.
• Take one of the capsules from the packaging and insert into the Rotahaler. Twist the RotaHaler to pierce open the capsule.
• After the capsule is pierced, take a complete dose of the medicine by breathing in the powder by mouth two times, using the RotaHaler device.
• Throw away any capsules that are not used right away after it is taken out of the package. Do not leave the capsules open to air; they may not work as well.
The RotaHaler comes with a pictogram of the above procedure making it very easy to follow and understand.
No side effects have been reported to use a rotahaler but is found to be beneficial in many case of asthma or COPD diseases in children.
WHEN NOT TO USE ROTAHALER DEVICE?
Younger children who can normally use a rotahaler efficiently, may not be able to gain full benefit during attacks of acute bronchoconstriction or in periods of bad control of symptoms. In these cases it may be necessary to increase the inhaled dose or to use other ways of drug delivery
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS OF ROTAHALER DEVICE?
- To our knowledge the importance of tilting the head back during inhalation so that the particles may follow a straighter path to the trachea.
- The drug/lactose powder mix in the capsules requires a certain amount of inspiration energy to break up the agglomerates into sufficiently small particles, and it is possible that the reduced effect after slow inhalations was due to insufficient breaking up of the large drug/lactose particles.
- Fast inhalations should be recommended for children using a rotahaler
WHAT IS THE DOSE OF ROTAHALER DEVICE?
Children should be taught to inhale as quickly as possible through their rotahaler. They need not tilt their head back during the inhalation or hold their breath afterwards. During episodes of wheeze young children may gain less benefit from rotahaler treatment because they cannot generate sufficiently high inspiratory flow rates.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.