ROVISTA 5MG TAB
ROVISTA 5MG TABLET:
Rovista 5mg tablet is rosuvastatin, a synthetic lipid-lowering agent, is an inhibitor of 3- hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase. Rovista 5mg tablet inhibits hepatic synthesis of VLDL, which reduces the total number of VLDL and LDL particles.
Rovista 5mg tablet is indicated for the following conditions:
- Adults, adolescents and children aged 5 years or older with primary hypercholesterolemia (type IIa including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia) or mixed dyslipidemia.
- Prevention of major cardiovascular events in patients who are estimated to have a high risk for a first cardiovascular event, as an adjunct to correction of other risk factors.
Rovista 5mg tablet may cause diabetes mellitus, Headache, dizziness, constipation, nausea, abdominal pain, myalgia, asthenia.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Rovista 5mg tablet is contraindicated in:
- Patients with hypersensitivity to rosuvastatin or to any of the excipients.
- Patients with active liver disease including unexplained, persistent elevations of serum transaminases and any serum transaminase elevation exceeding 3 x the upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance
- Patients with myopathy.
- Patients receiving concomitant cyclosporin.
- Pregnancy and lactation and in women of childbearing potential not using appropriate contraceptive measures.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
Rovista 5mg tablet may cautiously use with:
Statins should be used with caution in patients with predisposing risk factors for myopathy or rhabdomyolysis.
-It should be used with caution in patients who consume substantial quantities of alcohol and/or have a history of chronic liver disease.
Rovista 5mg tablet have following interactions:
- Antibacterials (e.g. Daptomycin)
- Antivirals (e.g. Darunavir, Fosamprenavir, Indinavir, Ritonavir, Saquinavir, Nelfinavir)
- Nicotinic acid.
- Concomitant administration of Rosuvastatin and Erythromycin may reduce the plasma concentration of Rosuvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Rosuvastatin with Tipranavir and Eltrombopag may increase the plasma concentration of Rosuvastatin.
- Concomitant use of rosuvastatin with Oestrogen and Progestron increases the plasma level of Ethinylestradiol and Norgestrel respectively.
- Concomitant use of rosuvastatin with cyclosporin significantly increases rosuvastatin exposure.
- Gemfibrozil significantly increases rosuvastatin exposure. Therefore, combination therapy with rosuvastatin and gemfibrozil should be avoided.
- In patients taking coumarin anticoagulants and rosuvastatin concomitantly, INR should be determined before starting rosuvastatin and frequently enough during early therapy to ensure that no significant alteration of INR occurs.
The recommended dose of Rovista 5mg tablet is s 5mg or 10mg orally once daily.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.