TREVIA 50MG TAB
TREVIA 50MG TABLET:
Trevia 50mg tablet belongs to the class of an anti-diabetic i.e. dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor and is Sitagliptin. Trevia 50mg tablet is an orally-active, potent and highly selective inhibitor of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) enzyme used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Trevia 50mg tablet is indicated in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control as: -
- Dual Therapy In combination with metformin HCl or with a sulphonylurea or with a PPARγ agonist (i.e., thiazolidinedione’s) when the treatment with the single agent alone with diet and exercise does not provide adequate glycemic control.
- Triple Therapy In combination with metformin HCl and a sulphonylurea or with metformin HCl and a PPARγ (i.e., thiazolidinedione’s) when dual therapy with these agents, with diet and exercise, does not provide adequate glycemic control.
- Combination with Insulin.
Trevia 50mg tablet may cause upper respiratory-tract infections, headache and nasopharyngitis.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Trevia 50mg tablet is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to sitagliptin or any of the components of the product.
- Patients with type 1 diabetes or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Children below 18 years of age.
Trevia 50mg tablet may have following precautions:
After initiation of sitagliptin, patients should be observed carefully for signs and symptoms of pancreatitis. If pancreatitis is suspected, sitagliptin should promptly be discontinued and appropriate management should be initiated.
When sitagliptin is used in combination with a sulphonylurea or with insulin, medications known to cause hypoglycemia the incidence of hypoglycemia increases when used in combination with a sulphonylurea or with insulin.
Trevia 50mg tablet has a small effect on plasma digoxin concentrations. No dosage adjustment of digoxin is recommended. However, patients at risk of digoxin toxicity should be monitored for this when sitagliptin and digoxin are administered concomitantly.
The daily recommended dose of Trevia 50mg tablet is 100mg once daily as a monotherapy.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.