ZOLID PLUS 15MG+500MG TAB
ZOLID 15MG+500MG TABLET:
Zolid 15mg+500mg tablet is an oral antidiabetic agent combination i.e. Pioglitazone HCL and Metformin HCL used in the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus that acts primarily by decreasing insulin resistance. Pioglitazone decreases insulin resistance in the periphery and in the liver resulting in increased insulin-dependent glucose disposal and decreased hepatic glucose output.
Zolid 15mg+500mg is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus as;
- In patients (particularly overweight patients) inadequately controlled by diet and exercise for whom metformin is inappropriate because of contraindications or intolerance.
- Dual oral therapy in combination with:
- Metformin, in patients (particularly overweight patients) with insufficient glycaemic control despite maximal tolerated dose of monotherapy with metformin.
- Sulphonylurea, only in patients who show in tolerance to metformin or for whom metformin is contraindicated, with insufficient glycaemic control despite maximal tolerated dose of monotherapy with a sulphonylurea.
- Triple oral therapy in combination with:
- Metformin and a sulphonylurea, in patients (particularly overweight patients) with insufficient glycaemic control despite dual oral therapy.
Pioglitazone is also indicated for combination with insulin in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with insufficient glycemic control on insulin for whom metformin is inappropriate because of contraindications or intolerance.
Zolid 15mg+500mg tablet may cause hypoglycaemia and edema very commonly. Also, it may cause visual disturbances, upper respiratory tract infection, weight increase, hypoaesthesia, anemia, arthralgia, headache, haematuria, erectile dysfunction, flatulence, dizziness, blood creatine phosphokinase increase, bronchitis, back pain, dyspnoea, heart failure.
WHEN NOT TO USE:
Zolid 15mg+500mg tablet is contraindicated in patients with:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Cardiac failure or history of cardiac failure (NYHA stages I to IV).
- Hepatic impairment
- Diabetic ketoacidosis.
Zolid 15mg+500mg tablet have following cautions:
- Pioglitazone exerts its antihyperglycemic effect only in the presence of insulin. Therefore, pioglitazone should not be used in patients with type 1 diabetes or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Patients receiving pioglitazone in combination with insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents may be at risk for hypoglycemia, and a reduction in the dose of the concomitant agent may be necessary.
- Pioglitazone may cause decreases in hemoglobin and hematocrit.
Zolid 15mg+500mg have following interactions:
- Administration of ZOLID for 15 days followed by a single 7.5 mg dose of midazolam sy rup resulted in a 26% reduction in midazolam Cmax and AUC.
- When piogl itazone is given with gemfibrozil, an inhibitor of cytochrome P450 isoenzyme CYP2C8, there is a threefold increase in the area under the concentration –time curve (AUC) of pioglitazone , and a decrease in pioglitazone dose may be needed if it is given with gemfibrozil or similar CYP2C8.
- Pioglitazone dose may need to be increased when rifampicin, a potent inducer of cytochrome P450, is given with pioglitazone, as it halves the AUC of pioglitazone.
The daily recommended dose of zolid 15mg+500mg tablet may be initiated at 15mg or 30mg once daily.
Consult your doctor and discuss your queries related to any medicine or disease. EHAD PHARMACY aim is to make sure that its consumers get material that is correct, reviewed by an expert and error-free. However, the material stated here should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a qualified physician. The information given here is for informational purposes only, which may not cover all possible precautions, side effects, contraindications or drug interactions.
Buy medicine online in Pakistan from most trusted online pharmacy EHAD. Free delivery along with cash on delivery & up to 35% discount. Buy from EHAD Online Pharmacy, your medicine, mother care, baby care, personal care, healthcare supplements and wellness products online. Give us a call to order medicine at +92 334 1113423.